Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Still more things to do!

When I wrote my last post, "Doing all the Things!", I included a huge list of all of the things we had been up to, a short 2 weeks into the summer. It was a LONG list. And yet, it was such a tip on the iceberg! We have been playing so much. I guess I am only here now to gush about how great the last few weeks have been...




Birthdays! Athan turned 9, and Taly had a BLAST at Rowan's 3rd birthday party (Spiderman was scary, but then he was "MY BEST FRIEND EVER.").

Fun in the Yard - Food to harvest, lawns to mow, water slides to build!



 Stay-Cation at Snowbird, followed by brunch at Alta.
Hot days by the pool!


I joined a mom's soccer team for the summer!

One afternoon, I was driving home and saw some trucks in front of the high school. Even though the trucks were unmarked, my Drum Corp radar went off. Sure enough, Phantom Regiment was rehearsing on the football field! Gabe, Taly, Grandma and I went over and watched for about 40 minutes. It was a blast (no Star pun intended).


And then there have been the splash pad days... Father's Day, and every available moment since...







There have also been weekly workshops at Sego Lily; tree climbing; putting up a pool in the back yard (and the JOY of having a tanker truck show up to fill it with water!); cookie baking; trips & adventures with friends- Athan went to Mystic Hot Springs for 5 days!; and almost every evening we have had dinner on the porch, and the after dinner activities have included kicking the soccer ball, running through sprinklers, tossing the football, riding bikes, and so much more. Seriously, my heart is so full.

And then there are moment when my heart practically stops, like this one:




This is why I have health insurance... At least he made it :)

Happy Summer, everyone!

No comments: